Table of Contents
Travelers to Phoenix give high marks for the fun sporting events, renowned art, and popular theater scene. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices, live music, and mountain views. Top sights in the city include Talking Stick Resort Arena, Chase Field, and Arizona State Capitol.
- There are 5017 hotels and other accommodations in Phoenix
- The closest major airport is in Phoenix, AZ (PHX-Sky Harbor Intl.), 3.8 mi (6.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Scottsdale, AZ (SCF), 15.1 mi (24.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Phoenix
Known for its art, theaters, and live music, the city’s cultural venues include Grady Gammage Memorial Auditorium, Ashley Furniture HomeStore Pavilion, and Comerica Theatre. Attractions like Phoenix Zoo, Castle N’ Coasters, and Rawhide Western Town are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Taliesin West, Heritage Square, and Wrigley Mansion.
In Phoenix, you’ll find 5017 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you’ll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician, Luxury Collection – This 5-star resort in Camelback East Village features a golf course, 8 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. It’s a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler Fashion Center – Our customers like the convenient parking and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hermosa Inn – This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Other favorite sights in Phoenix include Talking Stick Resort Arena, Chase Field, and Arizona State Capitol. One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino, 29.3 mi/47.2 km from the city center.
Getting Around Phoenix
You can walk to nearby metro stations including Jefferson Street – 1st Ave Station, Washington – Central Station, and Van Buren – 1st Ave Station. If you’d like to explore around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Phoenix
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 44°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 107°F, while the average at night is 56°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 107°F with nighttime averages of 71°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 94°F and nighttime averages of 44°F
- Average annual rainfall for Phoenix is 7.62 inches
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 105°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 46°F