Table of Contents
Visiting Los Angeles
Travelers to Los Angeles give high marks for the popular theater scene, entertainment choices, and live music scene. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, art, and sporting events. Top sights in the city include Walt Disney Concert Hall, Staples Center, and Microsoft Theater.
- There are 4996 hotels and other accommodations in Los Angeles
- The closest major airport is in Hawthorne, CA (HHR-Hawthorne Municipal), 10 mi (16.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Los Angeles, CA (LAX-Los Angeles Intl.), 11.2 mi (18.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Los Angeles
Known for its theaters, live music, and museums, the city’s cultural venues include Walt Disney Concert Hall, Microsoft Theater, and California Science Center. Attractions like Los Angeles Zoo, Universal Studios Hollywood™, and Warner Brothers Studio are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like L.A. Live, Griffith Observatory, and Capitol Records Tower.
In Los Angeles, you’ll find 4996 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you’ll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Sweet Dreams B&B – This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It’s a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Hotel Bel-Air – Dorchester Collection – Our customers like the dining options and bar at this hotel. This 5-star hotel in Bel Air features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- The Peninsula Beverly Hills – With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 4 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Other favorite sights in Los Angeles include Staples Center, Dodger Stadium, and Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. Outside the city, popular places to see include Medieval Times, 20.1 mi/32.4 km from the heart of the city, and Knott’s Berry Farm, which is 20.4 mi (32.9 km) away.
Getting Around Los Angeles
With so many transportation options, seeing Los Angeles is a breeze. Walk to nearby metro stations like Pershing Square Station, 7th Street – Metro Center Station, and Civic Center Station. If you’d like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Los Angeles Union Station, Los Angeles Cal State Station, or Glendale Transportation Center.
Dressing for Los Angeles
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 71°F and the nighttime average to be 47°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 81°F during the day and 47°F at night
- About 14.29 inches of rain falls on Los Angeles each year
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 48°F