Travelers to Nashville give high marks for the live music scene, entertainment choices, and popular theater scene. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events, museums, and bars. Top sights in the city include Tennessee State Capitol, Ryman Auditorium, and Nashville Municipal Auditorium.
- There are 2595 hotels and other accommodations in Nashville
- The closest major airport is in Nashville, TN (BNA-Nashville Intl.), 6.7 mi (10.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Smyrna, TN (MQY), 18.1 mi (29.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Nashville
Known for its live music, theaters, and museums, the city’s cultural venues include Ryman Auditorium, Johnny Cash Museum, and Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. Attractions like Nashville Zoo, Tennessee State Fairgrounds, and Nashville Shores Waterpark are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Parthenon, Belle Meade Plantation, and The Hermitage.
In Nashville, there are 2595 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you’ll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Inn At Fontanel – This 4-star hotel in Marrowbone features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It’s a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Fairlane Hotel – Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel in Downtown Nashville features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a fitness center.
- The Hermitage Hotel – This 5-star hotel in Downtown Nashville features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. Expedia customers like its bar and breakfast.
Other favorite sights in Nashville include Tennessee State Capitol, Nashville Municipal Auditorium, and Bridgestone Arena.
Getting Around Nashville
If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Nashville Riverfront Station, Nashville Donelson Station, or Hermitage Station. Nashville might not have very many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Nashville
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 66°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 28°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 29°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Nashville is 47.25 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 30°F