MACON, Ga. — As recreation centers reopen, the hours for distributing personal protective equipment is changing to align with hours the centers will be open.
According to a news release, for all recreation centers except the Elaine H. Lucas Senior Center, people can pick up their free PPE from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
PPE will be available at the Senior Center from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Those that visit a center are allowed ten facemasks, five pairs of gloves, and four bottles of hand sanitizer.
As of October 30: 201,013 masks; 158,652 gloves; and 24,500 bottles of hand sanitizers have been given out.
Below are the addresses for the recreation center
- Delores A. Brooks Recreation Center – 3326 Ocmulgee East Boulevard
- Elaine H. Lucas Senior Center – 132 Willie Smokie Glover Drive
- Frank Johnson Recreation Center – 2227 Mercer University Drive
- Freedom Park – 3301 Roff Avenue
- Gilead/Bloomfield Recreation Center – 1931 Rocky Creek Road
- L.H. Williams Recreation Center – 325 Pursley Street
- Memorial Park Recreation Center – 763 Long Street
- Rosa Jackson Recreation Center – 1211 Maynard Street
- South Bibb Recreation Center – 7035 Houston Road
- Theron Ussery Recreation Center – 815 North Macon Park Drive
Recreation Centers reopen to the public on Monday, November 2.
There are now restrictions in place to help maintain COVID-19 preventative measures, including limits on the number of people in the building, use of PPE, and more.
Elaine H. Lucas Senior Center
- 132 Willie Smokie Glover Drive
- Monday – Friday
- 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Only 35 people will be permitted per session: 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. or 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Temperatures will be checked before people will be allowed in the Center. Masks will be required throughout the building, except when participating in a fitness class when social distancing can be maintained.
- Monday – Friday
- 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Only 25 people will be allowed in the building at a time, and temperatures will be checked prior to entry. Masks will be required throughout the building, except when participating in a fitness class or using the fitness room when social distancing can be maintained.
Contact your nearest recreation center for specific programming and schedules, but the general schedule for them will be as follows:
- 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – General use
- 3:00 – 6:00 p.m. – Youth programming
- 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. – Instructor/Fitness class