- Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is set to leave Friday for a 10-day trip to seven countries: France, Turkey, Georgia, Israel, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia.
- Pompeo has followed President Donald Trump’s example and has not recognized President-elect Joe Biden as the winner of the 2020 election.
- But the leaders in all of the seven countries Pompeo is poised to visit have congratulated Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris on their victory in the 2020 election.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is departing Friday on a 10-day journey that will take him to seven different countries.
Pompeo has not recognized President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris as the winners of the 2020 election as President Donald Trump continues to reject the results and push baseless allegations.
Video: Biden’s team is ‘divided’ on Iran policy: Atlantic Council (CNBC)
BioNTech CEO on vaccine progress with Pfizer
BioNTech CEO Dr. Ugur Sahin joins ‘Power Lunch’ to discuss the Covid-19 vaccine it is working on with Pfizer, the high efficiency rate and the storage of the vaccine.
Amazon debuts Alexa-powered wireless Echo earbuds
Amazon unveiled several new Echo devices and Alexa features at its annual hardware event on Wednesday. The company launched its competitor to Apple’s AirPods, called the Echo Buds. It also revealed a new $199 Echo Studio, which is bigger than previous models and features improved speakers, alongside a new $99 Echo. Among the products it could launch include Alexa-powered earbuds and an improved Echo device. CNBC’s Deirdre Bosa reports.
Covid vaccine news and the ETF market: Analysts assess the impact
Nick Colas, the co-founder of DataTrek Research, Matthew Bartolini, head of SPDR Americas Research at State Street Global Advisors, and Brendan Ahern, chief investment officer at KraneShares, speak to the market’s rally on newfound vaccine hopes. With CNBC’s Bob Pisani.
The leaders in all of the countries Pompeo is poised to visit have congratulated Biden on his victory in the 2020 election, highlighting the awkward, isolated position the Trump administration is currently in with the president refusing to concede.
Though the president and top Republicans have refused to accept the results of the 2020 election, the world has already begun to move on from the Trump era.
- Pompeo on Friday is heading off to France, Turkey, Georgia, Israel, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia. He will be traveling from November 13 to November 23.
- “The Americans have chosen their President,” French President Emmanuel Macron tweeted on Saturday. “Congratulations Joe Biden and Kamala Harris! We have a lot to do to overcome today’s challenges. Let’s work together!”
- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan extended his congratulations on Tuesday to the