For information regarding coronavirus (COVID-19) please click here.
Friday, April 17, 2020
Ensuring the continued health and safety of residents and visitors is our top priority. Howard County Recreation & Parks is working closely with county administration, the Howard County Health Department, and other local agencies as we are continuing to monitor and take protective measures against the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
The April Recreation & Parks Advisory Board Meeting has been cancelled.
Ways to find the most up-to-date information on HC Recreation & Parks Closures
The following recreational areas are closed to encourage social distancing and discourage any gatherings at parks.
- Basketball courts
- Disc golf courses
- Pickleball courts
- Recreational Boating at Centennial Lake
- Rockburn Skills Park
- Skate parks
- Tennis courts
- Volleyball courts
- Worthington Dog Park
- Park gates are closed. (Please see https://bit.ly/2IYCxfs for clarification.) Parks gates will remain closed, but the parks will be available for people to walk, run, hike or bike as long as they are practicing social distancing.
The following are not running/are not open through May 15, 2020.
- All Programs, Classes & Events
- Large events, gatherings, and pavilion rentals
- Howard County Recreation & Parks (HCRP) indoor facilities are not open to the public. (This includes HCRP headquarters, Roger Carter Community Center, Gary J. Arthur Community Center, North Laurel Community Center, Robinson Nature Center, Baltimore & Ohio Ellicott City Station Museum, Firehouse Museum, Meadowbrook Athletic Complex, Kiwanis-Wallas Hall, Belmont Manor & Historic Park and more.)
Weddings are cancelled until June 1, 2020.
Timbers at Troy is currently closed.
This includes golf operations, clubhouse, golf course and driving range. They will continue to maintain the golf course; however it is not be open for play until further notice.
Wine In The Woods (was to be held on May 16-17, 2020) is cancelled.
Ticket holders can expect a refund within 7-10 business days. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Commonly Asked Questions
I want to register for the 2020-2021 Recreational Licensed Child Care program. When is registration beginning for this?
For the most up-to-date information, please visit on our Child Care Page. Enrollment for the 2020-2021 Recreational Licensed Child Care program began on April 1, 2020 at 8am. Due to COVID-19, our staff’s ability to take calls will be limited. Please register online (https://apm.activecommunities.com/howardcounty/) if possible. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
Do I have to pay for the classes, lessons or programs I miss during this time of closure?
No. Either the missed classes will be made up or you will be given a refund for missed classes.
I paid for an event that is now cancelled.
We will be issuing refunds for all cancelled events and programs.
I have paid for a gym, facility, or Robinson Nature Center membership that is currently closed. Will I be reimbursed?
Starting Tuesday, April 14, Howard County Recreation & Parks will stop automatic charges for fitness or pool memberships at the Roger Carter, North Laurel and Gary J. Arthur Community Centers. For