The Climbing Tower is a non-instructional activity that is available seven days a week. This activity is included in the daily admission fee. All climbers must check in at the front desk and receive the stamp of the day before entering the climbing tower area.
Monday – Friday: 3:30 PM to 6:00 PM
Saturday & Sunday: 12:00PM to 6:00PM
Summer, Winter Break & Spring Break:
Daily: 12:00PM to 6:00PM
1. ARC staff is in charge of the climbing area. Please follow their instructions. Staff reserves the right to revoke climbing privileges. The goal is to stay safe and have fun!
2. Climbing on the tower is prohibited unless an ARC staff member is present.
3. Check in at the desk and get a stamp, before climbing.
4. ONLY ARC staff may hook and unhook you to the climbing tower!
5. Choose Shoes:
a. Our Climbing Shoes
b. Your closed toed shoes
6. See ARC staff for harness
a. ARC staff reserve the right to check harnesses for fit at any time.
7. NO WET CLOTHES of any kind!! Must wear shirt, shoes, and pants of some kind.
8. Choose a level that meets your climbing strength.
a. Lower numbers are EASIER
b. Higher numbers are HARDER
9. Stand on the GREEN FLOOR behind the number you wish to climb.
a. Stay off of the blue climbing mat until it is your turn to be hooked up
10. Our Staff is trained! For your safety, follow their instructions.
11. Grabbing hold of any auto belay devices, lighting fixtures or pieces of the building is prohibited.
12. Swinging on descent is prohibited.
13. Bouldering (un-roped climbing) is NOT permitted at ARC climbing wall.
14. No food or drinks allowed around the climbing tower area (roped in area).
15. HAVE FUN!!!
Because our heating and ventilation system is completely computerized and is extremely sensitive to air quality, we do not permit the use of chalk at the climbing tower.
Further consideration for prohibiting chalk is as follows, “According to the US Environmental Protection Agency, many scientific studies have shown breathing small particles can cause aggravated asthma, coughing, difficult or painful breathing, chronic bronchitis, decreased lung function, premature death.”
Please read carefully before signing. This is a legally binding agreement.
Through your purchase of the activities and use of the facilities as referenced herein, you agree to all the terms and conditions contained herein and give up your right to bring a course of action to recover compensation or obtaining any remedy for any injury to yourself of your property or for your death, however caused, arising out of your participation in the activities referenced herein or in use of City of Aspen facilities, now or anytime in the future.
Acknowledgement of Risk
I hereby acknowledge and agree that the activities referenced herein and the use of associated City facilities for those activities has inherent risks, including the risk of serious injury, paralysis and death. I have full knowledge of the nature