In order to get access to Calgary Recreation’s Fee Assistance Program, each applicant must first be approved by Fair Entry. For application information please visit Fair Entry.
Note: Once you are approved for The City’s Fair Entry program (and have chosen Calgary Recreation Fee Assistance), you can attend any Calgary Recreation leisure centre or aquatics centre to receive your Calgary Recreation Fee Assistance Card and begin using it right away. Please provide Recreation staff with your Fair Entry approval letter and a piece of photo ID so they can search your information quickly.
Fee Assistance for group admissions | Signup for the fee assistance e-newsletter
Note – Fee Assistance cannot be applied to online registrations.
Almost all registered programs offered by the City are eligible under the Fee Assistance program (some restrictions may apply).
Effective Nov. 25 Calgary Recreation will not accept JumpStart individual funding for registered programs.
Children and youth (17 years of age and under) may take up to four programs to a maximum subsidy of $250 (whichever comes first) during a 12 month period. Fee assistance recipients receive 90% of the registration fee to a maximum of a $100 credit towards their program. For example, if a program was $39.50, the fee assistance rate would be $3.95. For a day camp that costs $168, the fee assistance rate would be $68. The customer pays the total balance due, on any charges over and above the $250 maximum subsidy.
Adults may register in one program per 12 month period and pay 10 per cent of the registration fee. The maximum subsidy is $50. The customer pays the total balance that is over the maximum subsidy, For example, a class that costs $41.15 would cost $4.11 under fee assistance.
Aquatic Fitness Facilities and Leisure Centres – Customers with a Fee Assistance card will receive a 75% discount on the general admission drop-in rates at our Indoor Pools, Fitness, and Leisure Centres.
- 75% discount for all admissions, 10x punch cards, and term (1-month or 12-month) passes
- Fee Assistance discount is NOT available for:
- Pre/post care
- Continuous monthly passes
- Punch cards / passes purchased prior to Jan 1, 2020 remain valid under the Terms and Conditions for when they were purchased. Eg.
- Expiry dates
- Tiers/services for which they were purchased (Eg. Tier 1 passes are only valid at facilities that were formerly Tier 1)
- The new punch cards / passes are wholly applicable to the Terms and Conditions of 2020 card / pass use AND Fee Assistance policies. Eg. May only have one 10x punch pass at a time.
- It is not a trade-in, but rather a cancellation/prorated refund and a