ALEXANDRIA, VA — City of Alexandria recreation centers will be open only for voting on Tuesday, Nov. 3.
- Charles Barrett Recreation Center, 1115 Martha Custis Drive
- Charles Houston Recreation Center, 901 Wythe Street
- Chinquapin Park Recreation Center and Aquatics Facility, 3210 King Street
- James K. Polk Recreation Center, 5000 Polk Avenue
- John Adams Recreation Center, 5651 Rayburn Avenue
- Lee Center, 1108 Jefferson Street
- Leonard “Chick” Armstrong Recreation Center, 25 W. Reed Avenue
- Mount Vernon Recreation Center, 2701 Commonwealth Avenue
- Oswald Durant Center, 1605 Cameron Street
- Patrick Henry Recreation Center, 4653 Taney Avenue
- William Ramsay Recreation Center, 5650 Sanger Avenue
Before the recreation centers resume normal operations on Wednesday, Nov. 4, they will undergo deep cleaning as a safety precaution.
In-person voting locations will follow polling place safety guidelines from the Virginia Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The Office of Voter Registration and Elections’ preparations include training for election officers, limiting the number of people inside each polling place at one time, providing hand sanitizer and cleaning supplies at each polling place, using extensive signage and floor markers, and providing plexiglass shields between voters and staff where needed. Alexandria Medical Reserve Corps volunteers will encourage proper mask use and physical distancing in outdoor lines and indoor polling places.
Polls will be open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Nov. 3. An acceptable form of identification is required to vote in person, but it no longer has to be a photo ID. Examples of accepted IDs include a Virginia driver’s license or DMV-issued photo ID, U.S. passport, and copy of a utility bill, paycheck or other government document showing the voter’s address.
For more election information, visit www.alexandriava.gov/Elections.