Best Places to Stay in Seattle
Seattle lodging is as varied as the city in which it resides, and just as extraordinary, too. Whether your focus is on seeing the top attractions or branching out to explore all the nooks and crannies of the neighborhoods, a room that is convenient to your top priorities means you’ll have that much more time to enjoy all that the city has to offer.
- Waterfront: In a city whose reputation is built on equal parts gorgeous surroundings and delectable seafood, a stay at the water’s edge seems only natural. And at Seattle Marriott Waterfront, top attractions like Olympic Sculpture Park, Pike Place Market, and the Great Wheel, are just a leisurely stroll away.
- Downtown: For those who like to stay connected, downtown accommodations like The Westin Seattle is a great choice. The light rail’s Westlake Station is just a few steps away. Spend a day browsing the art galleries of Pioneer Square, then another exploring the wonders—and amazing photo opportunities—of Chinatown.
- Off the beaten path: Seattle is filled with locals-only spots and unique finds. Try South Lake Union for days spent kayaking or relaxing lakeside and evenings chatting with friends in the local cafe. Or, head north to Fremont or Ballard for an artsy getaway—and to befriend the famous Fremont Troll.
Top Amenities at Seattle Hotels
After all the excitement of a day in the Emerald City, you’ll sink into your plush pillow and drift off to dreamland in no time, wherever you stay. But when you awaken, we think that you deserve the very best comforts in your home away from home:
- On-site dining: To put a new spin on an old saying, “The way to any city’s heart is through its food.” At Loulay Kitchen & Bar at the Sheraton Seattle Hotel, chef Thierry Rautureau serves up French fusion with local ingredients, resulting in masterpieces like crab beignets and Oregon quail. Did we mention he is a James Beard award winner and “Top Chef Masters” contestant? You truly cannot go wrong.
- Everyday conveniences: Sometimes, it’s the little things that make all the difference. The four-star Paramount Hotel understands that. Speed through emails or social media time on the complimentary fiber optic Wi-Fi, relax in front of your 50-inch LED TV at the end of a busy day, then phone the concierge for the finest dinner reservations in town.
Don’t Miss Out
Author Garth Stein once wrote, “In Seattle we live among the trees and the waterways, and we feel we are rocked gently in the cradle of life.” As you ponder which of the hotels in Seattle is right for you, do not neglect that innermost need: The need for nature’s embrace. You don’t have to travel far to find it:
- Discovery Park: The calls of seabirds over Puget Sound and the soft sand between your toes on the tidal beaches make it easy to forget that these picturesque lands are only 6 miles from downtown.
- Ballard Locks: The perfect symphony of man and nature is on display at the famous locks, where tenacious salmon and steelhead make their journey home to spawn as they have done for hundreds of years.
- Washington Park Arboretum: The sweet scent of flowering trees fills the air year-round at this sanctuary in the eastern part of the city.
We leave you with one more important quote, traveler. “Take only memories, leave nothing but footprints.” Chief Seattle was a wise man, and you are a wise wanderer. That’s why you’ll book cheap hotels in Seattle on Travelocity, and leave some of the planning to us. We’re more than happy to help.
Need insider tips on must-see attractions in Seattle? Check out our Seattle travel guide!