- All RDN Recreation Facilities are closed until further notice. See www.rdn.bc.ca/pandemic for more information.
- Recreation office at Oceanside Place Arena is open Mon-Fri for phone calls 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. 250-248-3252
- Update on RDN Recreation Programs and Facility Bookings- April 27, 2020
Regional District of Nanaimo (RDN) community recreation programs, events, and facility bookings are now cancelled through to the end of June. At this time, summer programming and bookings remain in place, but in light of COVID-19, amendments and/or cancellations are being considered.
Program and Facility Rental Deposit Refunds
All program registrants and rental groups will receive full refunds. These will be processed over the next few weeks. Staff are working hard to process all refunds as quickly as possible and we appreciate your patience. Once your refund is processed, you will receive confirmation via email. Refunds will be based on the method of payment:
- For credit card payments, refunds will be applied directly to the original card. There is no need to contact the Department, as these will be processed automatically.
- For cash, debit, and cheque payments a credit will be placed on your existing account. If you would like to have your credit paid out, please email recparks [at] rdn.bc.ca or call 250 248 3252 between 8:00 a.m.– 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday. A cheque will be mailed to the address on your account as soon as possible. If you are expecting a refund by cheque, please make sure we have your current mailing address on file.
Memberships (Active Living Cards)
All memberships will be extended to cover the amount of time our facilities and programs are closed. When the facilities reopen, the additional time will be added to your membership. Should you wish to cancel your membership at any time, please email recparks [at] rdn.bc.ca or call 250-248-3252 between 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday.
We hope you and your loved ones are staying healthy, active and connected. Please visit us at www.rdn.bc.ca/recreation and check out our ‘REC Connect’ page. We look forward to seeing you when we re-open.
For the latest Regional District of Nanaimo updates on COVID-19 and other services please visit www.rdn.bc.ca
Active Living Guide
The RDN offers recreation and culture programs for all ages in RDN Electoral Areas A, C, E, F, G, and H, as well as Parksville and Qualicum Beach – many of our programs in District 69 are located at our facilities Ravensong Aquatic Centre and Oceanside Place Arena.
RDN also provides funding to the Gabriola Recreation Society for the provision of recreation and culture programs on Gabriola Island.
The RDN also provides funding to the Arrowsmith Community Recreation Association (ACRA) to support recreation programming in Electoral Area F.