Recreation Department | Rye, NY
The Rye Recreation Department strives to enrich the lives of our residents by providing safe and welcoming parks, facilities, recreation programs and events for people of all ages. We work in partnership with our residents and in cooperation with other recreation service providers in the community in order to maximize all available resources. We are dedicated to building healthy communities and enriching the quality of life through people, parks and programs.
Cooling and Charging Station
Due to widespread power outages, a cooling station and charging station for cell phones and electronic devices will be available to City of Rye seniors ONLY at Rye Recreation from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursday and Friday, August 6 and 7. For our non-senior community members City Hall will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m as well as the Rye Free Reading Room during normal business hours.
This is NOT intended as a social gathering place; it is only for those needing a cool location or a place to charge their devices.
Please stay home if you are feeling sick or exhibiting any symptoms associated with COVID-19 or if you believe you have been exposed to the virus.
For the safety of both staff and residents, you must:
- Attest to COVID-19 health concerns and be signed in by staff.
- Have your temperature taken.The thermometer must read 100.3 degrees or below in order to gain entry.
- You MUST wear a mask at ALL times.
- Bring all necessary cords and plugs.Only the outlets themselves will be available.
- No water or equipment will be available.Please bring water with you if so desired.
- Restrooms will be available.
Please note our phones are not currently working. To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sophie Diamond, Senior Chaperone and Bus Driver