Table of Contents
- 2 Parks and Recreation Department Response to COVID-19
- 2.1 Winter/Spring 2020 Program Guide
- 2.3 Spring/Summer 2020 Program Guide
- 18.104.22.168 WDM Parks & Recreation Administrative Office 4200 Mills Civic Parkway, 1B West Des Moines, IA 50265
- 22.214.171.124 Phone:(515) 222-3444
- 126.96.36.199 Weather Line:(515) 222-3500
- 188.8.131.52 Fax:(515) 222-3459
- 184.108.40.206 [email protected]
- 220.127.116.11 Hours8am-5pm, Monday-Friday
- 18.104.22.168 Additional Contact Info >>
Parks & Recreation | West Des Moines, IA
Winter/Spring 2020 Program Guide
Spring/Summer 2020 Program Guide
The City of West Des Moines Parks & Recreation Department helps improve the quality of life for the people of our community with a variety of recreational programs, parks & open spaces.
The Recreation Division provides many different recreational services including operating the Valley Junction Activity Center, Valley View and Holiday Park Aquatic Centers, Raccoon River Park Softball Complex, Archery Facility, Dog Park and Nature Lodge. Recreation programs and activities are offered year round and provide leisure experiences for all ages.
The Parks Division manages over 1,300 acres of park land and open space and guides the acquisition and development of new parks, trails and facilities within West Des Moines. Current parks in West Des Moines range in size from the 1 acre Pinedale
Park to the 632 acre Raccoon River Park. There are also more than 60
miles of biking/walking trails that run throughout the city.