Table of Contents
- 1 Indianapolis crime: 1 killed in early-morning shooting at east-side hotel
- 2 Sent!
- 3 Posted!
- 3.0.1 More Stories
- 3.0.2 Why simple message on virus isn’t being heard
- 3.0.3 Teen killed in shooting at JW Marriott identified
- 3.0.4 ISP: Beech Grove woman killed in I-465 crash
- 3.0.5 IFD: Bystanders save woman from burning home
- 3.0.6 1 killed in early-morning shooting on east side
- 3.0.7 Drumstick Dash will be held virtually this year
Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana allows Indianapolis residents to share anonymous tips with law enforcement.
Indianapolis police are investigating after an early Sunday shooting at an east-side hotel left one man dead.
The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department responded to the incident shortly before 6 a.m. at the Budget 8 Inn in the 6800 block of East 21st Street.
Officers called to the scene on a report of shots fired were directed to a second-floor hotel room where they found one man suffering from a gunshot wound, police said.
The victim was taken to Eskenazi Hospital, where he was pronounced dead shortly after his arrival.
The name of the victim has not been released.
No other injuries were reported in connection to the shooting. Police said the details of the incident remain under investigation.
Anyone with information about the crashes should call the IMPD Homicide Office at 317-327-3475 or Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana at 317-262-8477. Citizens can also download the mobile P3tips app for Apple or Android phones to submit a mobile tip, or go to www.CrimeTips.org to submit a web tip.
Information given via Crime Stoppers should be considered anonymous.
Call IndyStar reporter Justin L. Mack at 317-444-6138. Follow him on Twitter: @justinlmack.
Read or Share this story: https://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2020/11/22/early-morning-shooting-indianapolis-east-side-leaves-1-dead/6381403002/