Table of Contents
Morgan Wallen, Blake Shelton, Florida Georgia Line and Riley Green will headline Country Thunder when the four-day festival returns to Canyon Moon Ranch near Florence Thursday, April 7-Sunday, April 10.
They’re joined by Hardy, Gabby Barrett, Randy Houser, Chase Rice, Lindsay Ell, Michael Ray, Tracy Lawrence, Jameson Rogers, Phil Vassar, Blanco Brown, Sawyer Brown, James Barker Band, MacKenzie Porter, Maggie Rose, Jackson Dean and Tyler Braden.
Plan ahead for 2022: 10 acts you don’t want to miss at Country Thunder Arizona
In October, the festival brought in an average of 36,000 people a day, including fans, staff, law enforcement, press and vendors. That’s a 10% increase over the daily average at the 2019 festival.
With that in mind, it couldn’t hurt to be prepared before you head into that sea of people.
Here’s a look at everything you need to know before you go.
Country Thunder 2022 dates
Campgrounds will open at 9 a.m. Wednesday, April 6.
Will Call will open at 9 a.m. daily from Wednesday, April 6, through Sunday, April 10.
Additional hours will be available as the festival approaches.
Country Thunder Arizona ticket info
Within a week of Eric Church bringing the weekend to a close in 2021, reserved seats and campsites for 2022 had sold out.
General admission passes and single-day Platinum Experience passes are, however, still available at countrythunder.com/az or by phone at 866-388-0007.
There will also be tickets available for purchase at the gate, but Country Thunder recommends purchasing online ahead of time as it’s cheaper.
General admission tickets are $150 a day for Thursday, Friday and Sunday; $175 for Saturday. A four-day general admission pass is $245.
A general admission ticket gives you access to all general admission areas, stages and campgrounds.
You may bring your own chair and/or blanket, as general admission is lawn-style seating.
Kids 10 and under are welcome for free in general admission with the purchase of an adult ticket.
The Saturday Platinum Experience is sold out. Single-day Platinum Experience passes are available for the other three days for $300 a day.
With the Platinum Experience, you can watch all artists from an exclusive skybox, use luxury restrooms, check out the private bar and appetizers, get a souvenir laminate and enjoy time in the Oasis. Reserved Parking is also included.
Where is Country Thunder Arizona?
Country Thunder’s street address is 20585 E. Water Way, Florence. But it’s easier to just type “Country Thunder Arizona” into any map app on your phone, and it will get you there.
The festival is 67 miles from downtown Phoenix. When I typed the address into my phone on a Friday afternoon, it said it would take 70 minutes. It should take considerably longer once you’ve factored in the Country Thunder traffic, so prepare for that.
Worried about Country Thunder Arizona traffic?Here’s how you can minimize the aggravation
Parking at the festival
If you plan on parking at your campsite, a vehicle parking pass was included with the purchase of each campsite. You can purchase one Extra Vehicle Pass per campsite for $65.
If your party requires more parking than that, you can purchase additional Weekend Overnight Parking, and they’ll watch your car for $80. A Weekend Overnight Parking Pass is good from 9 a.m. Wednesday, April 6, through 3 p.m. Monday, April 11.
If you are driving and not staying overnight, you will need to purchase a day pass.
Single-day and weekend passes are available.
If you’re not parking on a campsite but are parking overnight, you’ll need to purchase a weekend overnight parking pass.
The weekend reserved parking pass is sold out.
A Weekend Day Parking pass is $60. It’s valid from Thursday, April 7, through Sunday, April 10. A Single Day Parking pass is $30.
With either pass, your vehicle must be removed each day by 2:30 a.m. Illegally parked vehicles may be ticketed or towed.
You can purchase parking when you arrive with cash or card.
An ADA-accessible parking lot is available to those with an ADA Parking Permit. In addition to your permit, you will need to purchase day parking. When you arrive at the festival, please make sure your permit is visible and you’ll be directed to the parking lot.
Yes, there’s a clear bag policy
The clear bag policy is in effect. You may bring a clear plastic bag up to 14″ x 17″ x 6″ into the festival area. You may also bring a one-gallon disposable freezer bag and a small clutch no larger than 4.5″ x 6.5.”
Camera bags, large purses, backpacks and coolers are forbidden in the festival area.
If you’re camping, you can still bring larger bags that can’t be seen through to the campsite, but you must adhere to the new policy when you pass through security to the stages.
Upholstered household furniture is not allowed in the campgrounds. If you bring any of this furniture to the festival site, you will be fined $100. Arrangements can be made to have that fine returned by removing the offending furniture.
These are the other Country Thunder Arizona campsite rules:
- If you are dropping off a camper/RV for another fan, and you do not have full-event admission, you will need to purchase a Camper Drop Off pass.
- You must have a four-day wristband to access any of the camping areas. That means your friends with a single-day pass can’t hang out at your campsite.
- Your campsite includes one vehicle pass, which will allow one vehicle to enter the campgrounds. A vehicle is anything with a motor, including an RV. If you are hauling a trailer, the trailer will not require a vehicle pass.
- Your RV must fit inside your camping space (19′ x 39′ in most campsites; 25′ x 45′ in the Premier campground). Should your camping unit be oversize, you must purchase two sites side by side.
- Generators will be allowed to operate between 7 a.m. and midnight. If your generator makes excessive noise or gives off fumes, it will be shut off.
- No fires allowed (including fire pits and tiki torches). Gas and charcoal grills are OK.
- If you bring dogs, you need to clean up after them and keep them leashed.
- No ATVs, golf carts, mopeds, bicycles, skateboards, scooters, hoverboards or similar devices, with the exception of those permitted for handicap transportation.
- All vehicles will be subject to search upon entering the site.
- Country Thunder considers motorcycles vehicles. Should you choose to bring a motorcycle, it must have the appropriate tag. All motorcycles found without the appropriate credential will be impounded.
- Unlicensed vehicles, campers, trailers, motorcycles are not permitted on Country Thunder sites.
- Any vehicles found to be blocking the fire lane will be towed at owner’s expense.
- Any stunting or unsafe operation of a motor vehicle is prohibited. Anyone engaging in this behavior will be reported and/or turned over to the local police.
- Any stunting, unsafe operation or violation with a motor vehicle is prohibited, and anyone engaging in this behavior will be reported and/or turned over to the local police.
- Country Thunder reserves the right to dismantle and/or remove any structure, pool, dance floor or any other item it determines to be a safety concern for patrons or staff.
- Anyone found causing damage to convenience showers, portable toilets or non-potable water stations will face eviction and criminal charges.
- Cruising or riding in the back of pickup trucks is prohibited.
- Anyone found participating in or contributing to underage drinking may be evicted from the grounds immediately without refund.
- Unauthorized selling of items will result in seizure of merchandise, eviction and possible prosecution.
- No paid live music performances or campsite parties.
- Country Thunder reserves the right to refuse admission or eject any person whose conduct is deemed to be illegal, disorderly or offensive by management, without refund.
The breaking of any Country Thunder Arizona campground rules may result in your eviction with no refund.
Country Thunder reserves the right to move any site or camper at its discretion at any time prior to or during the festival. Best efforts will be made to relocate you to a site near the original location. But new placement will be at Country Thunder’s sole discretion.
Keeping Country Thunder campsites clean
Campers are encouraged to bring trash bags to the festival, pick up their trash and keep their campsite clean.
Bags should be placed in the large dumpsters found at the end of each camping row.
Owners of trash-filled sites will be subject to a fine and may have renewal rights suspended.
Additional trash bags are available from campground staff or at the campground office.
What you can bring into the bowl
- Sunblock (highly recommended)
- Lighters (smoking allowed in designated areas)
- Beach towel
- Blanket (subject to search)
- One unopened bottle of water per person
- Fanny packs (not required to be clear)
- Digital cameras (non-professional)
- Disposable cameras
- Film cameras (non-professional)
- Soft lawn chairs (please remove them from the bag so both items can be searched).
- Strollers (subject to search and Country Thunder has traditionally recommended bringing small umbrella strollers instead of the large strollers with multiple pockets)
- Cell phones
- Prescription medication (in the original prescription bottle with a photo identification card that matches the name printed on the prescription. The pills in the bottle must also match the medication/description printed on the prescription.)
- Over-the-counter medications (provided they are new and in the original, factory-sealed container)
- Required medical equipment (wheelchairs, oxygen bottles, etc.)
Those with additional medical equipment are encouraged to visit the medical building for assistance.
All items and patrons are subject to additional inspection prior to entering the venue.
What you can’t bring
- Glass containers
- Chairs with canopies
- Outside food and beverages
- Drones, unmanned aircraft devices and remote-controlled vehicles
- Alcoholic beverages and illegal substances
- Animals (with the exception of service animals for guests with disabilities)
- Bags that don’t conform to Clear Bag Policy
- Bottles, cans, thermoses and other beverage containers
- Professional cameras (DSLR cameras or those with a removable lens)
- Laptop computers
- Laser pointer devices
- Promotional/advertising or sale materials not approved by Country Thunder
- Seat cushions larger than 15″ x 15,” or that contain armrests, zippers, pockets, flaps or metal backs
- Selfie sticks, sticks or poles
- Video cameras
- Monopods and tripods
- Weapons (knives, box-cutters, firearms, etc.)
Buying food and alcohol
Food vendors on-site will accept tickets or credit cards.
Alcohol ID wristbands are required to purchase alcoholic drinks.
Support local journalism. Subscribe to azcentral.com today.