BRAINTREE, MA — Has your child ever wanted to learn how to ski or snow board?
The recreation department is giving Braintree kids an opportunity to learn with its annual program out of the Blue Hills. The annual program begins Jan. 5 and teaches kids age 8-15 how to snowboard or ski under the direction of professional instructors.
This year’s program includes five sessions on Tuesday afternoon from Jan. 5 to Feb. 2. Round trip bus transportation will be provided and depart Braintree at 3:30 p.m., returning at 6:30 p.m.
Because of the coronavirus pandemic, a number of safety precautions were put in place to lessen the spread. They include
- Use of two buses with a maximum of twenty-five participants on each bus with social distancing measures in place.
- Rental equipment will be collected outside the rental building with no participants allowed inside the facility.
- An extremely low instructor-to-student ratio.
Registration for this program begins Monday online at
begin on Monday, December 7th online at www.braintreerec.com. Those who register will receive an email with equipment rental and release forms to be filled out. Forms must be returned to the Braintree Recreation office at 74 Pond Street no later than Friday, Dec. 18th.
Program fees for this year (including round-trip bus transportation):
– $259 for lesson and lift ticket
– $339 for lesson, lift ticket and rental
– $30 for helmet rental (recommended)
Anyone with questions should email Assistant Recreation Coordinator Christopher Griffin at [email protected]