Travelers to Seattle give high marks for the popular theater scene, shopping, and renowned art. Vibrant and scenic, this city will delight tourists with its museums, parks, and entertainment choices. Top sights in the city include Pike Place Market, Seattle Paramount Theatre, and Seattle Aquarium.
- There are 1627 hotels and other accommodations in Seattle
- The closest major airport is in Seattle, WA (LKE-Lake Union), 1.1 mi (1.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Seattle, WA (BFI-Boeing Field), 5.3 mi (8.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Seattle
Known for its theaters, art, and museums, the city’s cultural venues include Seattle Paramount Theatre, Seattle Waterfront, and Chihuly Garden and Glass. Attractions like Seattle Aquarium, Seattle Great Wheel, and Woodland Park Zoo are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Pike Place Market, Columbia Center, and Space Needle.
In Seattle, there are 1627 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you’ll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Four Seasons Hotel Seattle – This 5-star hotel in Downtown Seattle features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It’s a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and pool.
- Cedarbrook Lodge – Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and beach locale at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Ballard – Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Ballard can enjoy access to 2 indoor pools and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Seattle include Pioneer Square, Museum of Pop Culture, and Seattle Center. Popular places to see around the area include Emerald Downs, 20.1 mi/32.3 km from the heart of the city, and Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium, which is 22.9 mi (36.8 km) away.
Getting Around Seattle
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Seattle is simple. Nearby metro stations include Westlake Station, Westlake Ave Hub Station, and University Street Station. If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from King Street Station, Tukwila Station, or Edmonds Station.
Dressing for Seattle
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 56°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 36°F
- From April to June, the average is 73°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 77°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 65°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Seattle is 39.84 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 75°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F