Basic Job Description:
Conduct recreation activities with groups in public, private, or volunteer agencies or recreation facilities. Organize and promote activities, such as arts and crafts, sports, games, music, dramatics, social recreation, camping, and hobbies, taking into account the needs and interests of individual members.
Job Duties and Tasks for:
1) Enforce rules and regulations of recreational facilities in order to maintain discipline and ensure safety.
2) Organize, lead, and promote interest in recreational activities such as arts, crafts, sports, games, camping, and hobbies.
3) Manage the daily operations of recreational facilities.
4) Administer first aid according to prescribed procedures, and notify emergency medical personnel when necessary.
5) Ascertain and interpret group interests, evaluate equipment and facilities, and adapt activities to meet participant needs.
6) Greet new arrivals to activities, introducing them to other participants, explaining facility rules, and encouraging their participation.
7) Explain principles, techniques, and safety procedures to participants in recreational activities, and demonstrate use of materials and equipment.
8) Evaluate recreation areas, facilities, and services in order to determine if they are producing desired results.
9) Complete and maintain time and attendance forms and inventory lists.
10) Confer with management in order to discuss and resolve participant complaints.
11) Supervise and coordinate the work activities of personnel, such as training staff members and assigning work duties.
12) Meet and collaborate with agency personnel, community organizations, and other professional personnel to plan balanced recreational programs for participants.
13) Schedule maintenance and use of facilities.
14) Direct special activities or events such as aquatics, gymnastics, or performing arts.
15) Meet with staff to discuss rules, regulations, and work-related problems.
16) Provide for entertainment and set up related decorations and equipment.
17) Encourage participants to develop their own activities and leadership skills through group discussions.
18) Serve as liaison between park or recreation administrators and activity instructors.
19) Evaluate staff performance, recording evaluations on appropriate forms.
20) Oversee the purchase, planning, design, construction, and upkeep of recreation facilities and areas.
Job Description for “Recreation Worker” continued here…
“Recreation Worker” Holland / RIASEC Career Code:
Click here for “Recreation Worker” Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for “Recreation Worker”