Are you looking for some lighter news this weekend? We have a dozen stories that will make you smile.
Livermore Store Sells Winning Lottery Ticket
- Find out where one of the top winning tickets, drawn Saturday, was sold.
Masked Intruders Paw Their Way Inside Redwood City Bank
- The trespassers knocked over a computer before being shooed to safety.
San Francisco Runner Spells ‘Vote 2020’ On Virtual Marathon Map
- Emily Hou sent the message to Chicago, via the virtual Chicago Marathon, to encourage residents there to get out and vote.
- San Francisco’s storied Palace Hotel has hosted presidents and movie stars. Some, it’s said, never checked out.
- Happy birthday to this good boy, trained in tracking, scent detection, searches and criminal apprehension.
Orionid Meteor Shower Peaks This Week: Bay Area
- Stay up late to see the Orionid meteor shower, known for its extended peak, this week in the Bay Area.
- Drive-in movie theaters are opening throughout the Bay Area amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- There’s a variety of Bay Area-based comedy available online.
Watsonville Police Cruiser Getting Pink Makeover
- The effort is part of the department’s “Pink Patch Project” for October’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
New Regional Park Opens In East Bay
- The shoreline park has an observation pier, connects to the Bay Bridge Bicycle-Pedestrian Trail, and other amenities.
- Halloween is still on the calendar! Check out nearby events, corn mazes & trick-or-treating for this most spook-tacular time of the year.
How To Roast Perfect Pumpkin Seeds For Halloween
- If you visited a pumpkin patch, you have some carving and cooking to do. Here’s our favorite seed recipe and how to preserve your pumpkin.
If you have an idea for a nice news story in your town, let us know. Email your story tips to email@example.com.