See how busy the SWRC is before you go. Check out our web cameras.
• 14,000 sq. ft. Strength and Conditioning Room
• Six Indoor Basketball Courts
• Five Racquetball Courts
• Multipurpose Gymnasium for Indoor Soccer, Handball and Basketball
• 15,000 sq. ft. split-level cardio room with personal viewing screens
• First Floor includes state of the art cardio equipment, a functional fitness area with kettlebells, light-weight dumbbells, a throwing wall and benches
• Second Floor includes state of the art cardio equipment and a 1/9 mile indoor track
• Two Massage Therapy rooms
• Personal Training studio
• Fitness Assessment Center (FAC)
• Athletic Training room
• Three Activity rooms
• Men’s and Women’s locker rooms with digital locks
• Day lockers
• Social lounge equipped with seating areas, flat screen TVs, WiFi and a smoothie bar
3150 Hull Rd, Gainesville, FL 32611
The Southwest Recreation Center is located at the corner of Hull Road and Bledsoe Drive across from the Harn Museum and the Center for the Performing Arts.
Strength & Conditioning and Free Orientations
Southwest Recreation Center and Student Fitness & Recreation Center are staffed with trained Fitness Associates and Fitness Supervisors to ensure the safety of participants and assist in basic exercise selection or performing exercise that may need to be spotted.
We offer free orientations for anyone interested in learning more about the weight and cardio rooms.
• Having trouble finding your way around?
• Puzzled about getting set up with weight equipment?
• Curious about how to enhance your workout on cardio equipment?
Ask a Fitness Associate in our facilities to conduct your orientation today. Group orientations are also available
Guests to Member Facilities and Services
A non-member or non-fee-paying student must purchase a guest pass for access to services and programs including:
- Southwest Recreation Center and Student Recreation & Fitness Center
- Group Fitness Classes
- Participation or spectatorship of indoor programming including indoor Intramural Sports and other special events
Purchasing a Guest Pass for Member Facilities and Services
- Credit Cards: Guest passes for Member Facilities and Services can be purchased by credit card using our online check out or our lobby kiosks in SWRC and SRFC.
- Cash or Checks: Visit Membership Services, located inside the Administrative Offices of the Southwest Recreation Center, during the hours listed below.
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Phone: (352) 273-2436
Guest and Spectator Policies for Southwest Recreation Center and Student Recreation & Fitness Center
- Persons wishing to be a guest must purchase a Recreational Sports guest pass. Options include a one-day $10 guest pass for access to one recreation facility or a one-day $15 guest pass for access to multiple recreation facilities.
- Guests must present a government issued picture identification and be sponsored and accompanied by a fee paying student or a member of the recreation and fitness centers.
- Faculty, staff and affiliates of the University of Florida may purchase a guest pass and are not required to have an accompanying sponsor.
- Guest passes are available for access to the following facilities: Southwest Recreation Center, Student Recreation and Fitness Center, Broward Outdoor Recreation Complex, Florida Pool and the O’Connell Center Pool only. (Note: Access to some programs & services are not included in guest pass privileges)
- Guest passes are not eligible for refunds.
- Guests must be at least 18 years old.
- Sponsors are responsible for the conduct and actions of their guests.
- Faculty, Staff, and Spouses/Partners of Students/Faculty/Staff wishing to participate in Sport Clubs and Intramural Sports in the recreation and fitness centers may utilize a guest pass for access to the facility.
- Guests that are not Faculty, Staff, and Spouses/Partners of Students/Faculty/Staff are not eligible to check out equipment, reserve courts, participate in personal training, Intramural Sports, and/or Sport Clubs.
- Persons wishing to spectate Intramural Sports events must have a current UF student or RecSports member register for a spectator pass.
- The single use Spectator Pass Wristband will be required for the spectator to enter the facility. The sponsor will need to accompany the spectator, and spectator must wear the wristband while in the facility. The Spectator Pass Wristband allows for spectating of intramural events only, not open recreation. If a child under 18 is spectating, the parent or legal guardian must be with them at all times. The wristband must be returned at the conclusion of the event and removed by RecSports staff at the front desk to prevent a $15 charge being issued to the sponsors’ student account. All parties, including the sponsor and spectator, acknowledge the above information by signing the spectator pass agreement upon entering the facility.
- Individuals seeking access to a recreation and fitness center may not solicit members to sponsor them as a guest.
- RecSports management reserves the right to refuse access to any guest.
For equipment rental/reservation for a special event please e-mail RSEquipmentCheckOut@ufsa.ufl.edu
Southwest Recreation Center Equipment Check Out
Indoor and Outdoor Volleyballs
Indoor Men/Women Basketballs
Indoor and Outdoor Soccer Balls
Flag Football Flags