Program Registration | West Des Moines, IA
Parks and Recreation Department Response to COVID-19
On March 18, 2020, West Des Moines Mayor Steve Gaer signed a proclamation that authorizes City Manager Tom Hadden to take all actions necessary to provide for the public health, safety and welfare of employees and citizens. As a result of his actions, Hadden announced that City Hall will be closed to the public on Thursday, March 19, at 8 a.m. In addition, the Raccoon River Park Nature Lodge and the Valley Junction Activity Center will be closed to the public. West Des Moines parks are still open.
Although our facilities are closed, we are still available to serve you. You can reach us at the following phone numbers or email address listed below.
Citizens are encouraged to call 515-222-3444 to purchase season pool passes, Dog Park permits, Archery Facility permits, and shelter rentals. Please continue to use the online registration software to register for summer programs.
Parks and Recreation Administrative Office
Raccoon River Park Nature Lodge
Valley Junction Activity Center
WDM Parks and Recreation Program Guides
Questions? Call 515-222-3444 or email ParkRec@wdm.iowa.gov
(Family members are added to your account at the time you register them for a program.)
RECREATION PROGRAM REFUND POLICY
Please call the West Des Moines Parks and Recreation Department Administrative Office at 515-222-3444 Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. to request a refund.
- Full refunds will be given if the request is submitted no later than 7 days prior to the program start date.
- Refund requests submitted less than 7 days before the start date will be charged a $10.00 withdrawal fee.
- Requests for refunds submitted after the event start date or completion of the program will not be considered.
- Please allow 2-3 weeks to process a check refund for payments originally made by cash or check. No cash refunds will be given.
- Payments made by credit/debit card will be refunded back to the original credit/debit card.
- The Recreation Program Refund Policy does not apply to travel programs or adult sport leagues.
- Refunds for medical situations will be considered on a case by case basis.
We reserve the right to cancel a program or activity that does not meet the minimum number of participants necessary to offer the program.
REGISTRATION CHANGE FEE
A fee of $5 will be charged for each Registration Change made after participants are enrolled in a program.
RECREATION PROGRAM ASSISTANCE
Fee discounts are available for WDM residents meeting guidelines for assistance. Applications will be available at WDM Human Services, 139 6th Street.
It is the responsibility of the individual with a disability requiring accommodations to inform the Parks and Recreation Department, at least 48 hours in advance. Please call 222-3444 to have accommodations provided.