Every year thousands of tourists visit France to witness the scenic beauty of the country. France is one of those countries that have a lot to offer which includes some of the remarkable tourist attractions and landmarks along with some excellent French cuisine. If you want to enjoy your trip to the fullest then you can book a room for yourself in any of the luxury homes in France. But before, you pack your bags to France, there are certain things about the place and culture that you need to know. To help you out, we have listed some of the do’s and don’ts that you should keep in mind while being in France.
At first, let’s check the things that you should be doing in France:
- Learn Some Basic French Words And Phrases: No matter whether you are visiting France for a week or for a month long, you should definitely learn a few basic French words before you get on to the flight. You should remember that you are visiting a foreign land where they speak a different language and therefore, it is important that at the least you should know some of the basic words and phrases. You never know when it may come in handy. If needed, you can also carry an English-French dictionary in order to ease up things.
- Learn The Difference To Greet With A Kiss And With A Handshake: Generally in Paris when you meet a friend you greet them with a kiss while when you meet a stranger you greet them with a handshake. French people even greet each other during goodbyes. The kiss is not just a kiss but it is a double kiss on both the cheeks. But when you visit small villages in France, people usually greet each other with ‘Bonjour’ especially when they meet any stranger. This practice is hardly followed in the big cities of France like Paris.
- Dress up Nice: France is a place where people like to dress up no matter what the occasion is. No wonder Paris is considered to be the fashion capital of the world. Almost all the French people dress up nicely when they move out on the streets. So, if you do not want to look like trash then you should dress up too when on the streets of France. You should never wear sweatpants or shorts while having a stroll through the streets of Paris. That’s because you will hardly see any French people dress up like that on the roads. Therefore, try to stick to your sophistication when in France.
- Explore The Eiffel Tower: Your visit to France will be incomplete if you do not visit the Eiffel Tower which is in Paris. Eiffel tower is one of the world’s most popular places and therefore, you cannot afford to miss it. It is like some sort of unspoken ritual for the tourists to visit the Eiffel Tower when visiting France.
- Go Shopping: You cannot ignore go